December 24, 2010
In the newest Bearville Times, we learn more about the new Dog Park, located at the Cave. Get access to the Training Game when you buy a Darling Doggie! View the News in Pictures:
And that’s the news in pictures!
December 19, 2010
The new Bearville Times features articles about the new Paws Fur Nature (mountains), the Winter Giveaway December 21st (for the first day of winter in the Northern Hemisphere), the special wreath delivered to all Jr. CyBearGuides in their Bear Mail, the new Cody Simpson videos in the Theater, and the new Darling Doggies. Once you’ve read the full Bearville Times, you are given a pair of gloves.
Paws Fur Nature spoiler:
- The top of a mountain is called a summit.
- True, mountains are taller than hills.
- Only one-tenth of the world’s population live on mountains.
December 13, 2010
Go into Santa’s Workshop, and you will discover a strange door! It is actually a portal that will lead you to the Carnival, now called the Island of Misfit Toys. If you go through it, you will receive a Gingerbread Emoticon! If you ride the Ferris Wheel, it won’t give you a move or anything. There is also a weird bear-headed transporter cyborg thing there too! Pictures:
December 12, 2010
The third bearthday of Build-A-Bearville was celebrated with a gift of a 3 T-Shirt, shown below.
Click on Bearemy to receive a special “Countdown to Christmas” gift. Also, visit Pawlette to get the Violin Move in honor of Violin Day.
December 6, 2010
With the preparation for winter and Christmas, and after the scheduled den maintenance, many things have been going on!
For starters, den maintenance has left Build-A-Bearville better than ever. Read the Bearville Times article below to see the new things.
Usernames look like this now, upgraded from that plain black text.
And that’s part 2 of this month’s events in pictures!
Speaker Starz Bears
Comfuzzled as to who/what Speaker Starz are? Well, they’re a new set of bears BABW is coming out with (not a collaboration of something that already exists) – and they have speakers in their paws! That’s right, plug in your music player and your bear can act as a speaker! Fun right?
Your roving reporter,
November 28, 2010
Today I bought a Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Collection tiny clip! You may have heard: there’s a special sale – buy two, get one free! Anyway, each comes with a code for Build-A-Bearville! The code allows you to pick one of four virtual character shirts, shown below.
November 26, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving, America!
Today, many exciting things have happened in Build-A-Bearville, and at Build-A-Bear Workshops! Read on to find out what special events happened – but get ready for a long (but informative!) post!
In correlation to Thanksgiving:
- In celebearation for Thanksgiving, you have received a coupon for a 5 Bearville Outfitters credit card in your BearMail! To redeem your card, simply print out the coupon and bring it into a Build-A-Bear store! Attached to this message was a piece of Pumpkin Pie.
- You can also click on Bearemy, who will give you a Thanksgiving Dinner Table, worth, legitimately, 50 Bear Bills, but surely, in retrospect, much more because it is a rare holiday item.
In correlation to the winter holidays:
- Something you should have immediately noticed upon logging on was the changing of the loading mini-game icons. Instead of bubbles or even snowflakes like last year, they are now stockings with little bears inside them!
- Build-A-Bearville is decorated with Christmas lights, wreaths, ribbon, garland, and SNOW!!!
- The passing of Thanksgiving means the North Pole has arrived! It is pretty much the same as last year, with the Snowball Challenge (now a normal mini-game instead of a once-a-day thing) upon arrival, the North Pole Town Square, Flight Training Center, and more.
- New Mini-Game: Bumble’s Toothache Bumble has a toothache, and needs your help brushing his teeth! Click on a bottom tooth to brush (it will… retract… when clicked), but watch his eyes when you do so – if you avoid clicking on his “bad tooth,” you’ll win a whopping 50 Bear Bills! And, the first time you play you will get a Bumble Emoticon!
- Also new is a… machine thing in the Ice Skating Rink. Below is a picture. So far, it hasn’t been identified, but to me it looks like a bear-headed transporter cyborg machine thing!
That’s really it! Anything else you need to know? Ah yes:
In correlation to real-life BABW stuff:
- Apparently there was a code giveaway on Halloween for a virtual bear head-shaped pumpkin emoticon. Fortunately, the code still works: ZZ7K-9P9F-269R.
- Holly & Hal Moose (notice they’re not “Hal & Holly” anymore – Build-A-Bear is going feminist! ha ha ;)) are on sale for only $5 each, plus only a measly $5 more for their accessories and clothes! What a great gift opportunity! (Hint, hint parents!)
- Get the Build-A-Bear iPhone App: it comes with a new move – talking on a cell phone!
So, how did you stomach that giant post? Hope you’re hungry for more, ’cause that’s what’s comin’! << So cheesy, but funny and true anyway.
Your loyal poster forever (or until I decide to quit),
November 18, 2010
Get prepared – on Thanksgiving Day (US), the North Pole is coming to Build-A-Bearville! To those of you newbies, or those of you who forgot, to go to the North Pole, you have to go to the Train Station. The North Pole is a seasonal place you can visit with about 4 or 5 rooms and a couple of games. You can print out things, talk to characters, and pet reindeer in Santa’s Stables. Holly & Hal Moose are also back at the Theater!
November 11, 2010
ChloeRocks’s new guests from Nov. 3-16 are Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and his special friend, Clarice! Their interview is about their lives and their products at Build-A-Bear Workshop! Once you finish watching the interview, you will get a fun reindeer emoticon!
November 2, 2010
The Christmas stuff is back! Check the Bearville Times to see whats going on! The North Pole will be opening up on November 1 and a new Chloe Show is showing on November 3 with Rudolph and Clarice. Also, the Rudolph characters are going to be available at the Build-A-Bear Workshop on the 1st. Well, there’s all the news!