December 24, 2010
In the newest Bearville Times, we learn more about the new Dog Park, located at the Cave. Get access to the Training Game when you buy a Darling Doggie! View the News in Pictures:
And that’s the news in pictures!
December 20, 2010
According to an ad in the Town Square, Westie Dog Park is opening December 26, 2010 – the same day the Westies themselves are due to arrive at your local BABW store! No one knows what this area looks like yet, but it sure sounds fun! Stay tuned for more info!
December 16, 2010
Thanks to MichaelaRainbow12 for this post and pictures.
I went to my local BABW and got the new Beary Newsworthy. The Love Bug and Love Bear arrive January 7 and they’re $16 each.
From Janurary 7 – 9, you will receive a free heart headband for you when you buy either of the new friends! It includes a FREE virtual gift, to be announced!
And finally, after years of requesting one, Build-A-Bear has developed a Wizards of Waverly Place Bear!!!!! It arrives January 21st and will cost $22.
December 6, 2010
With the preparation for winter and Christmas, and after the scheduled den maintenance, many things have been going on!
For starters, den maintenance has left Build-A-Bearville better than ever. Read the Bearville Times article below to see the new things.
Usernames look like this now, upgraded from that plain black text.
And that’s part 2 of this month’s events in pictures!
Speaker Starz Bears
Comfuzzled as to who/what Speaker Starz are? Well, they’re a new set of bears BABW is coming out with (not a collaboration of something that already exists) – and they have speakers in their paws! That’s right, plug in your music player and your bear can act as a speaker! Fun right?
Your roving reporter,
November 28, 2010
Today I bought a Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Collection tiny clip! You may have heard: there’s a special sale – buy two, get one free! Anyway, each comes with a code for Build-A-Bearville! The code allows you to pick one of four virtual character shirts, shown below.
November 1, 2010
Click here to see November 2010’s Beary Newsworthy. It’s pretty self-explanatory, but still here is a list of the events:
- The Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer make-your-own animals arrive on the first.
- From the 1st to the 11th, you can get a free Santa-themed tiny clip if you make a RRNR (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) friend.
- You can get a free real-life stocking and a virtual stocking on BABV from the 12th-24th if you spend $30 or more.
- Hal and Holly Moose’s Uplifting Christmas Adventure will be on ABC Family on two dates. I remember last year for Christmas I got it on DVD – I immediately logged on to Build-A-Bearville, typed in the code, and got my Spring Shoes ride!
So how was your Halloween (if you celebrate it)? Did you get a lot of candy?
October 5, 2010
It’s the month of October, which means it’s time to pick out your costume – it’s Halloween! Click here to see this month’s “Beary Newsworthy,” featured events happening in October.
The Store Fur All Seasons is now open, featuring the same Kooky Spooky items as last year, with nothing new and nothing retired.
Bearville Outfitters has come out with new furshionable costumes, pictured below.
The Kooky Spooky Haunted House is now open, this time with another room! Just going inside the Haunted House will give you a Vampire Cape! In each Kooky Spooky room, you can click on certain places to reveal hidden surprises and 10 Bear Bills. Warning – spoiler alert: Click here to see the secret surprises for the Kooky Spooky Fun House. Click here to see the secret surprises for the Spooky Libeary.
The bubbles in the BABV loading game have changed to color-changing leaves! Play an unbe-leaf-able game while you’re waiting for Bearville to load.*
Want to get an all-out haunted house? Go to the LumBear Yard and buy the Haunted House!
Kooky Spooky Fun House: If you mouse over the center of the carpet in the main entrance, you’ll see a square highlighted in white. If you click on that square, you’ll walk on top of what is really a trap door! Complete the maze (find the glowing green clock part) five times to receive a grandfather clock! But contrary to what it says, I didn’t have to wait to play the maze once every day, I just clicked, “Play Again!” 5 times. However, a recent investigation (by moi) reveals you must wait. Every time you replay the maze, you find the same clock part.
*You: Ha ha! That’s so pun-ny! Not. *rolls eyes*
Me: Hey, a good pun is its own reword. 😉
April 30, 2010
Hey there people! Some of you may or may not believe it, but zoo animals are coming to all Build-A-Bear Workshop stores! You can get your own zoo animal May 28th through June 30th. The PSI (Pet Specific Item) is a zoo ride, which comes specifically custom to every stuffed animal. There will also be exclusive access to the Bearville Zoo when you purchase one of the new animals. Does this mean that everyone else will get access after that? Well, we’ll just have to wait and see! Also, from June 4th-13th, if you spend $20 USD or more you in that time period, will get a free bag that comes with a code to use on Build-A-Bearville, everyone who goes there will have a chance to enter a contest to win a zoo-rrific trip to Orlando, Florida, USA! The prize is a 5 day, 4 night stay in Orlando with tickets to theme parks AND all seven zoo-rrific animals!!! The zoo animals that are coming out are: panda, flamingo, tiger, parrot, giraffe, monkey, and the cheetah.
Information credit to ElijahBoysRock19 (user of MelissaMusicBear8’s Official BABV Forum).
Text edit by MelissaMusicBear8.
*Information may or not be true; based on user’s beliefs.
February 27, 2010
Hi all MelissaMusicBear8 post readers! Here’s some exciting upcoming news about Build-A-Bear(ville and Workshop!), which you can just about only get from me! Wow! There’s a lot of stuff happening this month, especially on the 1st!
- On March 1st, all V.I.B.s will get a free emoticon! Also, all V.I.B.s will earn double Bear Bills for every mini-game they play!
- Also on March 1st, you will receive a birthday T-shirt commemorating Maxine Clark, CEB (Chief Executive Bear)’s bearthday month, so check your Bear Mail for that and a coupon for the Blossom Bunny!
- The new Furtastic Fountain (located in the Town Square) prizes will be flower-themed. Perfect for your new Blossom Bunny’s room!
- ChloeRocks’ outfit is getting kind of old and plain, don’t you agree? Apparently BABW thinks so too, because on March 5th, you’ll be able to help change that! Everyone* will be able to vote for her new outfit!
- Also getting a makeover is the home page picture and design you see when you log in. (But unfortunately, we won’t be able to vote on that.)
- Another noteworthy thing happening on March 5th has to do with the Store Fur All Seasons: It will open with new St. Patrick’s Day goodies and décor. The store will be open until April 5th (a little too late after St. Patrick’s Day, if you ask me), so make sure you stock up on all your St. Patty’s Day stuff!
- In honor of Maxine Clark’s true bearthday, March 6th will be one of the rare days you can play the Furtastic Fountain an unlimited number of times! There will also be a virtual cupcake giveaway.
- On March 8th, Maxine Clark will be interviewed on The Chloe Show!
- On St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th), visit Bearemy (click on him) for a free St. Patrick’s Day move!
- Starting March 18th, Jr. CyBearyGuides are invited to vote on new party room styles in the Jr. CyBear Guide Headquarters. If you frequent Bearville often and have a bear, why not take the Jr. CyBear Guide test in the Classroom?
- March 22nd is the Easter Hunt, when you will get a chocolate bunny to eat when finishing the Hunt.
I hope you all enjoyed my updates! If you did, please tell everyone you know about this site, and leave be sure to leave a comment! Also, in case you didn’t know, if you flip to the beary last page in the newest Bearville Times (page 18, which is full of Luck O’ the Bearish rules), you will receive a cool mail tote with newspapers! Cool new stuff, huh? Love, hugs, and of course peace,
*Everyone – Probably everyone, right?
February 19, 2010
*Sings.* A tis-ket, a tas-ket, a free Ea-ster bas-ket! *Stops singing.* It’s super-exciting! Starting March 5th, whenever you make a purchase of $20 or above at Build-A-Bear Workshop, you will receive a cute little Easter Basket! This event ends April 24th, so if you can’t make it the first week, there’s no rush! The little baskets will come in pink and green, and will include your choice of Willy Wonka candy! Just to clarify this, the candy and Easter baskets are not virtual. It is “real” candy in a “real” basket.