November 26, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving, America!
Today, many exciting things have happened in Build-A-Bearville, and at Build-A-Bear Workshops! Read on to find out what special events happened – but get ready for a long (but informative!) post!
In correlation to Thanksgiving:
- In celebearation for Thanksgiving, you have received a coupon for a 5 Bearville Outfitters credit card in your BearMail! To redeem your card, simply print out the coupon and bring it into a Build-A-Bear store! Attached to this message was a piece of Pumpkin Pie.
- You can also click on Bearemy, who will give you a Thanksgiving Dinner Table, worth, legitimately, 50 Bear Bills, but surely, in retrospect, much more because it is a rare holiday item.
In correlation to the winter holidays:
- Something you should have immediately noticed upon logging on was the changing of the loading mini-game icons. Instead of bubbles or even snowflakes like last year, they are now stockings with little bears inside them!
- Build-A-Bearville is decorated with Christmas lights, wreaths, ribbon, garland, and SNOW!!!
- The passing of Thanksgiving means the North Pole has arrived! It is pretty much the same as last year, with the Snowball Challenge (now a normal mini-game instead of a once-a-day thing) upon arrival, the North Pole Town Square, Flight Training Center, and more.
- New Mini-Game: Bumble’s Toothache Bumble has a toothache, and needs your help brushing his teeth! Click on a bottom tooth to brush (it will… retract… when clicked), but watch his eyes when you do so – if you avoid clicking on his “bad tooth,” you’ll win a whopping 50 Bear Bills! And, the first time you play you will get a Bumble Emoticon!
- Also new is a… machine thing in the Ice Skating Rink. Below is a picture. So far, it hasn’t been identified, but to me it looks like a bear-headed transporter cyborg machine thing!
That’s really it! Anything else you need to know? Ah yes:
In correlation to real-life BABW stuff:
- Apparently there was a code giveaway on Halloween for a virtual bear head-shaped pumpkin emoticon. Fortunately, the code still works: ZZ7K-9P9F-269R.
- Holly & Hal Moose (notice they’re not “Hal & Holly” anymore – Build-A-Bear is going feminist! ha ha ;)) are on sale for only $5 each, plus only a measly $5 more for their accessories and clothes! What a great gift opportunity! (Hint, hint parents!)
- Get the Build-A-Bear iPhone App: it comes with a new move – talking on a cell phone!
So, how did you stomach that giant post? Hope you’re hungry for more, ’cause that’s what’s comin’! << So cheesy, but funny and true anyway.
Your loyal poster forever (or until I decide to quit),